As summer draws to a close, Labor Day is the final curtain call of our barbecue extravaganza. End the season with a bang with the Sizzling Summer Series and Tropical Island Shrimp Kabobs. Featuring a sweet coconut milk and lime marinade, rich mango, and fresh pineapple, these shrimp kabobs take you to an island paradise with the first bite. Suitable as an appetizer or entrée, these short skewers are beautiful and full of flavor.
With seafood freshness is paramount, so begin with fresh uncooked shrimp already peeled and deveined. Prepare the marinade by combining coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, coriander, salt, and pepper. Let the shrimp marinate refrigerated for 2 hours. Assemble each skewer with one shrimp, one mango cube, and one pineapple cube, and grill over medium heat a couple minutes per side till the shrimp turn pink. The island flavors explode in every bite, the freshness of the lime juice adds a refreshing profile to shrimp that complements the fresh fruit. So, even if you can’t get to the tropical island paradise, we can take you there with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Makes: 30 skewers
Tropical Island Shrimp Kabobs Ingredients
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 30 uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound size), peeled and deveined
- 30 mango cubes (about 1 large mango)
- 30 fresh pineapple cubes (about 1-1/2 cups)
Tropical Island Shrimp Kabobs Directions
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On each of 30 metal or soaked wooden appetizer skewers, thread one shrimp, one mango cube and one pineapple cube. Heat grill to medium heat, and cook kabobs 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
Taken from TasteOfHome.com