Everything is primed and ready for Thursday: the new 80-inch TV purchased this past Labor Day weekend is installed, the new jersey and face paint are on their way, and fantasy drafts have been completed. The Game Day Grilling Series is here to get your kickoff menu ready for the next season of football with Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. Featuring boneless grilled chicken marinated in hot sauce and topped with a refreshing Blue Cheese and Apple Slaw, these sandwiches bring the flare and excitement needed for opening day festivities.
Begin by combining hot sauce, butter, and ketchup to make a marinade for the chicken balancing heat with sweetness. After marinating for at least 20 minutes, grill the chicken breasts over medium-high heat until done. The slaw is a stimulating combination of crisp cabbage, sweet apple, celery, rich blue cheese, parsley, shallot, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Assemble each sandwich by spreading each toasted bun with ranch dressing, placing a chicken breast, topping with the slaw, drizzle with reserved marinade, and finishing with another bun. This is a wonderful feast between your fingers with bold, zesty flavors in each bite. Enjoy the fanfare and experience the drama of the gridiron with the Game Day Grilling Series.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
Blue Cheese & Apple Slaw
- 1 cup packed shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine hot sauce, butter, and ketchup in a bowl; reserve 1/4 cup mixture. Add chicken to remaining mixture and toss to coat. Marinate, 20 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill buns until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread ranch dressing on buns.
- Serve chicken topped with Blue Cheese-Apple Slaw (directions below) and drizzled with reserved sauce between buns.
- To make the slaw: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Taken from CountryLiving.com