Poolside meals on long summer days are pure bliss and satisfaction. Spend the day outside sunbathing, relaxing, and grilling terrific food with the Sizzling Summer Series. Next up is Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers, featuring a simple and delicious Asian inspired marinade with beautiful cubed pieces of Sirloin. Meat on a stick is good for any occasion, but especially outside by the water.
Begin with a great cut of beef, cut it into one-inch cubes, and then add to a marinade of soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger, and sesame seeds. The soy and garlic will begin breaking down the tissue, while the oils and spices infuse the meat with moisture and flavor. Assemble the skewers and grill over medium-high heat until the desired doneness. The beef will finish tender and beautifully caramelized from the sesame and sugars. So bring out the sunblock, grab a large sun hat, and enjoy the Sizzling Summer Series by Summerset.
Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers Ingredients
- 1½ pounds top sirloin steak
- 1 red onion
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
Grilled Asian Garlic Steak Skewers Directions
- Cut steak into one-inch cubes. Cut the red onion into large chunks and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, vegetable oil, sugar, ginger and sesame seeds. Add the steak and toss to coat in marinade. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread the meat and the red onion onto the skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to the desired liking.
Taken from TheRecipeCritic.com