Spring is in the air, snow is melting, trees are blossoming, and grills are raging! Here at Summerset, grillin’ time is a year-round passion and we bring you seasonal dishes to keep your menu fresh and exciting. This week, Grilled Spiced Chicken Skewers with Cucumber Salad bring zest, heat, fun, and refreshment to your backyard get together. Featuring robust spices of curry and cayenne pepper, balanced with a cool cucumber and scallion salad, and finished with grilled naan, this recipe screams, “Eat me now!”
Begin by slicing the chicken tenders into semi-uniform pieces for even cooking, and then toss with canola oil, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Thread onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat until cooked throughout. Prepare the cucumber salad by mixing sliced cucumber, scallions, fresh mint, olive oil, fresh lime juice, and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and keep refrigerated until serving. Serve spiced chicken skewer over the cucumber salad allowing the juices and flavors to mingle. Add grilled naan, Greek yogurt, and lime wedges to finish the plate and enjoy. Super simple, this recipe is great for a weeknight meal or Sunday picnic. So, get outside, enjoy the morning sun, and keep on grillin’.
Grilled Spiced Chicken Skewers with Cucumber Salad Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pieces naan
- 1 sliced English cucumber
- 2 Sliced scallions
- 1/4 c. Chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Chopped Garlic Clove
- Plain Greek yogurt and lime wedges, for serving
Grilled Spiced Chicken Skewers with Cucumber Salad Directions
- Heat grill to medium-high. Cut chicken tenders into thirds. Toss with canola oil, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt and black pepper. Thread onto metal skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill 2 pieces naan until warm and toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together cucumber, scallions, mint, olive oil, fresh lime juice, and garlic. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Serve with plain Greek yogurt and lime wedge alongside.
Taken from CountryLiving.com