Oh, why did he make that pass?… Go for it! Go for it!… Such is the misery of the Monday morning blues as we recover from another weekend of watching our favorite team rise or fall. But as the morning sun dawns upon our wretchedness, consolation builds to joy and despair turns to hope as another weekend approaches – we will grill again! No matter how excruciating the defeat, the Game Day Grilling Series is here to lift our spirits and our menu for the next big game with Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Corn Salad. Featuring sweet corn, beautifully charred and mixed with fresh citrus and cilantro, served over succulent steak with warm tortillas; this dish is an all out blitz of flavor.
Begin by seasoning the steak with salt and pepper, and then grill with corn over medium high heat for just a few minutes per side. Allow the steak to rest, and begin carving the corn kernels from the ear to make the salad. Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and then add in the corn and diced red onion. Once combined, fold in the fresh avocado and cilantro for a delightfully fresh salad with sweet crispness. Slice the steak into strips and serve with corn salad, lime and warm tortillas for a truly wonderful experience that will hopefully match the outcome of the game (fingers crossed). Either way, we are going to enjoy a fantastic meal with the Game Day Grilling Series from Summerset.
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Corn Salad Ingredients
- 1 skirt steak
- Kosher salt
- 2 ear corn
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 small avocados
- 1 c. Fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 small flour tortillas
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Corn Salad Directions
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place the corn on the grill along with the steak and grill, turning occasionally, until charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer the corn to a cutting board and remove the kernels from the cobs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the corn and onion and toss to combine, then fold in the avocados and cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill. Serve with the steak, corn salad, and lime wedges, if desired.
Taken from CountryLiving.com