As the day draws to an end and the golden hue of sunset paints over everything as far as the eye can see, one thing in life becomes abundantly clear: it’s grillin’ time baby! The Sizzling Summer Series continues bringing you wonderful dishes to enjoy throughout these wonderful summer days. Next up are Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs featuring a spicy, sweet, and sticky glaze that becomes incredibly more addicting with each bite.
Begin by trimming excess fat and skin from the chicken thighs to reduce possible flare-ups during grilling, pat dry with paper towel, and then season with salt and pepper. Prepare the glaze by sautéing garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, cloves, honey, Sriracha, and lime juice. Grill over medium-high heat flipping every 3-4 minutes to prevent burning, and brush on the glaze during last five minutes to caramelize. The heat of the Sriracha is balanced by the freshness of the ginger, and the sweetness of the honey makes the consumer more voracious with each bite, so self-control may need to be exercised if sharing. The only thing better than enjoying these golden summer sunsets is enjoying them with these chicken thighs and the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs Ingredients
- 5 lbs. chicken thighs (Just BARE brand or other)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs Directions
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Pat chicken thighs dry. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place chicken thighs on grill, skin side down first. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook chicken, flipping every 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. (about 25-30 minutes)
- During the last 5 minutes of grilling brush the glaze on both sides of the chicken.
- Remove from grill.
Taken from JoyfulHealthyEats.com