It’s such a wonderful time of year with the twinkling lights everywhere inside and outside, the festive holiday tunes on replay over and over and over, and terrific hot food straight from your grill! It’s A Very Merry Grilled Christmas from Summerset, continuing to bring both traditional and non-traditional holiday favorites perfected the grill. Next up is Grilled Honey Dijon Turkey Breast, a simpler and tastier way to serve turkey without doing the whole bird again, featuring a simple spice brine and addicting honey-Dijon glaze.
Begin by bringing salt sugar, pepper, cinnamon, ginger and water to a boil to combine, and then add to more cold water make the brine. Add minced garlic and the turkey breast to the brine and keep refrigerated for several hours to infuse the breast with moisture. The sweet and tangy honey-Dijon glaze is a combination of honey, chipotle for a little heat, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar. Grill the turkey breast over medium heat while applying the glaze repeatedly throughout the cooking process. When finished allow the turkey to rest, and then enjoy beautiful moist holiday turkey with fine sweetness balanced by heat and tanginess. So from all of us at Summerset Grills, have yourself A Very Merry Grilled Christmas!
Grilled Honey Dijon Turkey Breast Ingredients
- 1/4 cup/60 ml kosher salt
- 1/4 cup/60 ml sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml black pepper (ground)
- 1 tablespoons/15 ml cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml ginger (minced)
- 1 turkey breast (skinless, boneless, and cut in half)
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons/45 ml honey
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons/10 ml balsamic vinegar
Grilled Honey Dijon Turkey Breast Directions
- Gather your ingredients.
- Combine salt, sugar, pepper, cinnamon, and ginger along with 1 cup of water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add in 3 cups of cold water to make turkey brine.
- Place turkey in a resealable container or plastic bag, add minced garlic and brine, seal and allow to rest in
refrigeratorfor up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine the honey, chipotle, mustard, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Remove turkey from refrigerator and discard brine mixture. Place turkey on grill rack and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with honey-Dijon glaze during
- Turkey should be between 165 to 175 F when done. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Taken from TheSpruceEats.comhttps://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-honey-dijon-turkey-breast-336475