Mother’s Day is just a few days away and it’s time, probably past time, to think about how to bless her. Nothing says, “I love you,” more than a home-cooked meal, or maybe some fresh flowers; her favorite chocolates are good too, but I digress. Bring a smile to mom’s face with Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken, featuring a Hawaiian style glazed chicken breast stuffed with deli ham, pineapple, and provolone cheese. Sticky, cheesy, and sweet; this chicken is sure to put you back on top as her favorite child.
Begin preparing the glaze by reducing a mixture of teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar until it thickens into a syrup consistency. Grill the chicken breasts with salt and pepper until cooked through, and then allow them to rest for five minutes. Slice each breast to create a pocket, and stuff with ham, pineapple, and provolone cheese. Place the stuffed chicken back on the grill and brush with glaze allowing the cheese to melt, pineapple to char, and glaze to caramelize. Serve with remaining glaze for dipping and watch that smile form big and bright on the woman of the day.
Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken Ingredients
Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze
- ⅓ cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (the plumper the better!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices of deli ham
- 2 pineapple rings, sliced in half to create half-moon shapes
- 4 slices provolone cheese, sliced in half
Grilled Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken Directions
- Make the pineapple teriyaki glaze: Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until the mixture has a syrupy texture.
- Grill the chicken: Heat the grill. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Stuff the chicken: Cut a slit on the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket for stuffing. Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice of deli ham, half of a pineapple ring, and 1 slice (2 halves) of provolone cheese.
- Back to the grill: Place each stuffed chicken breast back on the grill. Brush the glaze over each chicken breast, flipping after a couple of minutes and brushing more glaze on the other side. The chicken is done once the cheese is melted and the outer edges of the pineapple are slightly caramelized. Reserve the leftover glaze to use when serving.
Taken from destinationdelish.com