The summertime sweet spot is bathing in the sun, jumping in the pool to cool off, feasting on a big juicy cheeseburger, and repeat. The Sizzling Summer Series blazes on with a fantastic flavor explosion called the Canyon Creek Burger. Featuring salty crisp bacon, spicy fried jalapenos, a fried egg, sweet blackberry jam, and plenty of cheddar cheese, this burger will become your new sweet spot whichever season it is.
Assembling the burger is pretty simple once all the components are ready. Crisp up your favorite bacon in the oven or in a pan, and set aside. Heat up the oil in a skillet and fry the jalapeno slices until golden brown. Grill the burgers on medium-high heat until the desired doneness, topping with ¼ cup each of cheddar cheese to melt. Fry eggs in the same skillet, seasoned with salt and pepper, over medium for a runny yolk, or longer for a solid yoke. Assemble by placing the patty on the bottom bun and then layering the bacon, fried egg, sliced jalapenos, and blackberry jam. This finished masterpiece offers salty, spicy, and sweet balanced over juicy beef, making for a wonderful summer day. So find your sweet spot this summer with the Sizzling Summer Series from Summerset.
Canyon Creek Burger Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1lb 90/10 ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4lb bacon (4 thick slices,) crisped
- 4 eggs
- blackberry jam or grape jelly
- 4 buns
Canyon Creek Burger Directions
- Heat oil in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add jalapenos then fry until golden brown, 1-2 minutes, flipping once. (A splatter screen is helpful to place on top of the skillet.) Remove jalapenos to a paper towel-lined plate to drain then sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high. Season ground beef liberally with salt and pepper then shape into 4 patties. Add patties to grill then cook for 3 minutes. Flip then cook for 3 more minutes. Heap 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top of each patty then close grill hood for just 30 seconds to let cheese melt slightly. Remove Burgers.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray then crack in 4 eggs. Season the tops with salt and pepper then cook for 2 minutes. Place a lid on top then cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until top is no longer runny. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place cheeseburgers on bottom bun then top with bacon, egg, fried jalapenos, and jam or jelly, then serve.
Taken from IowaGirlEats.com